DIY Vintage Wedding – Place Cards
I have another DIY project for you!
How CUTE are these place cards!! They were in keeping with our vintage theme but also tied in the personal touch of the park bench. They were really cute and I loved that I could bring a part of our story into the detail of the day. They were a little fiddly but were so worth it.
I will list each item you will need (for 80 place cards) along with the listing for where I found them and other places to find similar items if you’re not local to Perth. First here’s what we will be wording towards:
- 100 Brown kraft place cards (get extras for mistakes) The Etsy Listing or Cute Amazon Options
- A roll of twine which you can find at your local hardware, newsagency or at Amazon
- 80 park bench charms, unfortunately the Etsy shop I used has closed but these are very cute at Amazon, look around for charms that match your theme. Get say 10 extra if you feel you might need back ups for craft mistakes.
- Very mild strength clear craft glue Link to purchase
- Embossing label maker (think old school!) my exact one pictured was from our local awesome store Studio Bomba so if you’re in Perth definitely check these guys out. Otherwise there is an exact one here and a more ergonomically designed one on Amazon
- Tape – the label makers do come with one roll of tape but you will need more. Amazon UK
- Fiskar round circle punch (to make hole for twine & charm) find here at Amazon, check the size first!
One big mistake I made was gluing the label to the place card. The sticky on the tape was not strong enough to adhere to the place card, so I glued the entire label and then stuck it on. Unfortunately the glue sunk into the embossing and ruined it. So what I did to fix that was to glue small dots on either side of the name with some craft glue. When you’re punching the names out keep this in mind and leave space either side of the name.
Once again set up a little production line, get friends and family to help you if possible or dive into the project yourself, put on some good TV have a cup of tea (or glass of wine!!) and get crafty!
- Punch the card in the top left hand corner
- Feed the twine through the hole (long enough to tie into a bow)
- Feed the charm onto the twine
- Tie into a bow
- Punch all your names out on the label maker
- Peel the backing off the label, dot some glue either side of the name and place onto the card holding down the ends where the glue is.
- Sort place card names by table and organise into glad sandwich bags. I wrote in permanent marker on each bag what table number they belonged too and boxed ready to hand over to our Reception organiser. They kindly placed our cards out for us. If you need to do it yourself bagging these up per table will save you a lot of time.
I hope you enjoyed this post, please feel free to ask any questions in the comments section.
My next post will be table numbers!